Tuesday, September 20, 2005


The Life Song

Light shines on a hill top,
Move over,
go there fast.

Did life pass you by?

Staring at the sun,
didn't meet its eye

Stared long, stared hard
fought for hours, the demon's wrath.

Shadows rise, towers plummet,
Evil grows, darkness falls.

And then light,
Hope unseen, unsung,

Radiant as the Evenstar's Elessar,
Earendil in flight,
laugh with delight.
swing from mistletoes,
don't wipe the laughter from your brow.


And then He comes,
and all is lost.
get ready to flee,
figth to survive.

The Champion of Evil,
feeds on your soul,
grows tall, strong
don't cower you coward,
Come forth, fight
Conquer the beast.
Tame the wild.

And then She comes,
Life's desires,
Value for money.
Is that what you're thinking?

I first thought I'd
sing a song.
The tune came to me,
came first, came at last.
Wanering o'er clouded hills,
fighting with sundry skills.

Touch the stone and move the mountains,
Conquer his wrath, face the Fountain.

Kill your idol,
Coz this is rock and roll.

So you thought you sold the world?
You didn't realise, the time was ripe.
People hiding, in the streets fighting.
Calm their souls, soothe their nerves.
Kill your idol,
Say no to drugs.
'Coz we always give a social message

So I killed my idol
and then meself
jumped from a height
coughed blood and broke my bones.
I died, died I not.
I am though not for long.
Pain surpassing,
life passing.

Time flying by.
Can't stop,
can't fight

Should I be the Loser everytime?
Would I be the Loser everytime?
Why am I the Loser everytime?


So I wrote a poem again, Big deal huh! I'll tell you what the big deal is.
Firstly I wasn't thinking while writing, I was supposed to do my Thermo H.W. so I was instead writing my sad thoughts.
The thing is that I first wrote the lines "I first thought I'd sing a song" to "Coz we always give a social message".Then the lines from "Light shone ..." to "and all is lost",then "get ready to flee " to ""Is that what you're thinking" and the rest finally.
But it integrated seamlessly in the end!
I was quite surprised, but the end product is quite palatable and atleast to me it doesn't look like an efforted poem except at one or two points

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

write something different buddy..