Monday, July 16, 2007

There was a time I was a huge fan of U2, in my third semester and while Vikram was cleaning up his room, this song, yeah thats right song surfaced, that I am going to publish right now. I have an exam tomorrow for which I am definitely unprepared but that is obviously a trifle matter compared to this. According to the note I have with this poem, I would like it sung by Bob Dylan to a melody that is somewhat like the song "Like a Rolling Stone" and oh yeah this baby rhymes yippee.

ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND IN A MILLION DOLLAR HOTEL


You're rich, spending your nights
in a million dollar hotel.
you've many friends and lotsa homes,
but you keep coming back
to the million dollar hotel.

You live a life of luxury,
more clothes than you care to count,
servants you fire at will,
Yeah, still you spend your nights in the million dollar hotel.

Life's cool, life's chic
Gucci boots and designer sticks,
People know you where you go,
yet you keep coming back to the million dollar hotel,
Yeah, you spend your nights in the million dollar hotel.

You buy your clothes,
you leave them here,
You make friends,
you forget them here,
Is that why you keep coming back to the million dollar hotel,
Yeah you spend your nights at the million dollar hotel.

You met her here,
held her for the first time.
Then she left you
and left your love,
behind in the million dollar hotel,
while you spend your life, here in the million dollar hotel.

Someday you'll take your clothes,
leave the memories behind.
Remember the friends, you
forget all the time.

But Oh My Dear Sonny Jim, there's a lot you
can leave behind in the million dollar hotel.
And there's all that you can't leave behind in a Million Dollar Hotel.

-----
As the note attached with this says.... BEST CREATION EVER
Also I am sticking to the no more crappy shitty poems very much.
This one ain't crappy shitty, this one is pure genius :)

3 comments:

basit said...

Anyhow I have decided, no more stuff like my last two posts unless I come up with something that is
A) Awesomely funny or
B) A radical new argument or a philosophy that can sustain on the arguments I base it upon not something as flimsy as these last two posts, which is frankly just bad writing. i.e no more chicken soup for the soul kinda stuff...

So what you the hapless reader of this woebegone blog can expect?
A) Plenty of self-deprecating humor.. on second thoughts strike this out.

B) Some songs if they turn out to be good stuff.

C) More sngs with the grunge feel might be very rare, I hope.

D) Stories, and not just funny ones. I read Tona's blog here's the link http://www.peelingonions.wordpress.com
and what struck me immediately was the simplicity and brevity.
Those are the two things I had decided my stories will have but had forgotten, so I guess I owe you one Tona :)

Whatever, maybe I'll just write whatever shit I can imagine depending upon how much I have been smoking at the moment :)
Plus can I use the term stoned? or are only dopers allowed to be stoned?
pronoy if you could answer this :)
I mean I do feel something every once in a while when I smoke, especially when I have been off smoke for a day or 2(haven't been off longer than that though, at least in this semester, which pretty much means ever since I started smoking) and then I smoke again.
That reminds me, I am going home for a whole week, while that by itself isn't daunting enough the distinct lack of smokes at home would really be a pain right up...
I hope I survive, wish me luck :)

Anonymous said...

He he. One thing is sure: There's no thing in this world that will ever daunt you. So you will survive and will do good.

And as far as I remember, I read this song right after you wrote it in third semester and we had a chat about the sonny jim part :)

What the hell was the paper doing in Pogo's room?

basit said...

i had thrown away the copy, can you believe that!!!! may i rot in hell amen.
nyways pogo saw a lot of empty sheets and took the copy for his own use...
and thats how....
now that you mention it i remember that too..
though i can't remember why i used sonny jim any more :(